Avg.Time : 2 days
Start / Finish :
- Gendarmeria Hua Hum.
- Accessible by daily bus (approx. 2 hours) from San Martin de los Andes. The Gendarmeria is situated just off the international road, which runs between San Martin and Lago Pirehueico in Chile.
Season : Late October to May.
Maps / Info :
- I used the trekking notes and map in Lonely Planet’s Trekking in the Patagonian Andes (1992). The most recent edition of this excellent guidebook came out in November, 2009.
- Bring all supplies from San Martin de los Andes.
Route / Conditions :
- A circular route starting and finishing at the Gendarmeria Hua Hum.
- Gentle gradient, easy to follow, and best of all at day’s end you can rest your aching legs (they shouldn’t really be aching on this sort of hike!) in a relaxing hot springs.
Sleeping : Bring a tent.
- Beautiful lakes and soothing hot springs. A pretty good combination.