Twenty classic day hikes in twenty different countries.
Alpine lakes, waterfalls, Saharan sand dunes, volcanic moonscapes, 2000 year old walls and a big red rock right in the middle of Australia!
I have had the good fortune of doing all of these hikes between 1995 and the present day. None of the walks are beyond the capabilities of your average hiker, and all are easily transport accessible.
For photos, trekking notes & logistical information, click on the hike in which you are interested:
- Ben Lomond | Scotland, 2005
- Bessengen Ridge | Norway, 2009
- Cliffs of Mohr | Ireland, 2009
- Erg Chebbi | Morocco, 2008
- Griesalp to Kandersteg | Switzerland, 1997
- Ilhara Gorge | Turkey, 2001
- Jinshanling to Simitai | Great Wall, China, 2006
- Kuelap | Peru, 1996
- Masuleh | Iran, 2008
- Miune-Tsurugi-San | Japan, 2009
- Mt.Sinai | Egypt, 1996
- Sentiero Azzurro | Cinque Terre, Italy, 2004
- Skogar to Thorsmork | Iceland, 2000
- Snowdon Horseshoe | Wales, 2005
- The Narrows, UT | USA, 2013
- Tongariro Crossing | New Zealand, 2010
- Ultar Meadow | Pakistan, 2008
- Uluru Base Walk | Australia, 2010
- Volcan Maderas | Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua, 2000
- Volcan Paricutin | Mexico, 1995