“We haven’t met anyone who’s logged more miles than Cam Honan.”
~ Backpacker Magazine (March, 2014)
Planning to hike the Appalachian, Pacific Crest or Continental Divide Trails? Looking for first hand information on the Himalayas, Andes, Alps or a multitude of other trekking destinations around the globe?
If so, you have come to the right place. Since the early 1990’s, I’ve had the good fortune of hiking more than 57,000 miles (91,733 km) in some 56 countries (see 100 Classic Hikes for some of my favourites). Exploring the world on foot is my passion, and I’d love to help you realize your own hiking dreams and goals, with experience-backed advice tailored to your individual needs.
What’s on Offer?
- Trip itineraries.
- Environment-specific gear suggestions.
- Logistical advice (e.g. Trailhead transport, resupply options, permits, visas, park regulations, etc.)
- Cultural considerations for the area in which you are interested.
- Regional-specific health & safety tips.
In order to get your money’s worth, before our consultation I suggest sending me through a brief message addressing the following points:
- A few sentences describing your backpacking experience & current fitness level.
- A ballpark figure of your budget.
- How much time do you have available?
- What are your principal goals for the trip?
Consultations can either be via email, video/phone (Skype or Google Chat) conversation or a combination of the two. Prices include pre-consultation time spent by yours truly preparing relevant trip information (i.e. based upon your initial email):
1 Hour: US$60
2 Hours: US$100
(Note: Payments are made via Paypal).
Before Forking Over Your Cash……..
Check out the hundreds of pages of free information contained in the drop down menus on the top navigation bar. Whether your inquiries are trip, skill or gear related, chances are you might find what you’re looking for.
If that doesn’t do the trick and/or you are looking for more personal attention, drop me a line (email@example.com) and we can set up a time.
Cam “Swami” Honan