START : Campo, CA – US/Mexico border.
FINISH : Manning Park, US/Canada border.
MAPS / INFO :
- On my previous PCT hike in 2007, I used the PCT guidebooks (3), Data book and Yogi’s PCT Handbook for town information.
- This time around, I plan on using the PCT map set by former Thru-Hiker “Half Mile”.
- Click here for an overview map of the PCT.
ROUTE / CONDITIONS :
- For the most part the trail is well marked and easy to follow. The primary exception can be sections of the High Sierra, which generally remain snowbound into July.
- Temperatures can range from scorching in the Mojave to below freezing in the High Sierra. Geographically speaking, the trail passes through deserts, lava fields, old-growth forests, glacier-carved valleys and snow capped peaks.
- This is the only one of the 12 walks which I have previously completed. Happily, it is also one of my all-time favourites. This time around I will be travelling lighter (7lb base weight instead of 14lb), faster (in 2007 I took more than 20 zero days in addition to a lengthy side trip to finish the JMT) and will begin the trail in much better shape.